I made my usual Friday trek to Ryde but this time I was with Gabel. We tried the third and final method of getting there and TA DA! It was nice and easy and only took me an hour and a half. I have finally found my method of getting there. It costs just over 30 pounds to get there but the very cheapest method was 27 pounds so not a huge difference and its worth it for how nice and easy and direct it was.
We trained at 6:53 from Southampton to Portsmouth but we got off at the Southsea station instead. From there we cabbed for about 3 minutes and got off at the Hovercraft ferry terminal. Hovercrafting is sooooo neat. It's like a jet engine powered dingy that can go on land and in the water. And it's super fast! It only takes ten minutes to cross over to the Isle of Wight whereas the big ferry I tried from the harbour last week took twenty minutes. So we had a lot of fun on the hovercraft. Then when we got off on the beach in Ryde we took another taxi for about 4 minutes to the Academy. Easy peasy. On the way home we did the same route except for the parts where we cabbed, we walked since we weren't on a tight time schedule to get home.
My year 8's were a bit naughty but all in all I had another great teaching day. I just love my Year 7's who are the class that belong to me exclusively. I had to bombard them with a lot of standardized testing that day unfortunately but we still had some time to chat about what everyone was doing over the weekend. They always have sightseeing recommendations for me which is very cute.
Friday was an absolutely gorgeous day here as well which was very fitting for a good day. It was about 20 degrees with no humidity and a nice sea breeze and tons of blue sky and sun. On the way home, Gabel and I had a photoshoot on the beach while we waited for our hovercraft. Here's some pics of the day:


No comments:
Post a Comment