Monday, September 9, 2013

How to decorate and furnish on a budget

- IKEA had purple curtains which I really wanted. The average price was 30-40 pounds which is waaaaay too pricey. I managed to find a set for 17 pounds but it was only enough for two windows, and I have three in my room.

Solution: I bought two packs of the 7 pound curtains which are sheer (thats why they're only 7 pounds!) and Gabel and I folded each set three times so now there are enough layers of them hanging that my neighbours will finally not be able to see me changing. The curtains hang quite awkwardly and each folded layer is pinned up using bobby pins but the creepy man from across the building can no longer look in!

- Gabel's room came furnished with curtains except for one window which of course is the one right over her head.

Solution: Not wanting to spend money, she decided to take her black duvet cover off her duvet, fold it a couple of times and together we used thumb tacks to pin it over her window. She now has no duvet cover but she does have a blocker from the sun!

- No furniture in the lounge?

Solution: our infamous pink moon chairs which are really rounded and glorified camping chairs are doing the trick at only 9.99 pounds each. We've eaten all our meals off of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment