If you've read my previous bog entries, you'll recall that on our way home from IKEA, Gabel dropped her cactus (she insists on calling it a cacti though) on the ground and half its dirt came out and it was de-potted. Well when we got back to our flat she fretted over that darn "cacti" for hours and I'm not even exaggerating. It was literally 3 pounds and its like 3 inches tall but she kept changing its pot and moving him around and as she put it, she was "determined to keep him alive no matter what!" Unfortunately her cacti was very "unstable" as she put it and he kept wobbling around. When we went upstairs to bed last night, we were carrying our plants up to our rooms and what does Gabel do? DROP her precious cacti on the ground, again. Almost all the remaining dirt came tumbling out as her cacti rolled on the ground. Of course this happened right in front of our stairs. Which is carpet. And we do not have a vacuum. Or even a broom. So there is a large pile of cacti dirt sitting in front of our stairs. Which we go up and down a thousand times a day because we are unpacking and settling in.
Its been more than 24 hours and the dirt is still there. At first we kept stepping in it every time which would result in our squeals of anguish. But then I noticed something happening. My subconscious has started adapting to the cacti dirt at the front of the stairs. And now when I run downstairs, without even thinking I take an extra big step at the end to avoid it. And when I go up the stairs, I know to approach them from the side and take a lunge at the stairs. The same thing happens with Gabel.
So the cacti dirt remains and the two of us have adapted around it as if it is a gaping hole in the floor that cannot be helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment