We have not had a working shower since last Thursday. Just to give people an update on our water problems:
- the kitchen sink does not have functioning hot water. Only cold water
- our bathroom does not have functioning cold water. Only scalding hot water
- our toilet flushes when it wants to
- OUR SHOWER DOES NOT WORK
- all the pipes are leaking water through the walls and I can hear it trickling everywhere because the water boiler room is right beside my bedroom
- The toilet is always running
It's been difficult. On Saturday, Gabel washed my hair in the kitchen sink. In the cold water.
Sunday was HILARIOUS. Basically the only thing the shower will do is work for 20 seconds and then the boiler gets SOOO loud it sounds like a plane is crashing into us and the water shuts off. So I would take a 20 second shower and then when the noise started and the water turned off, I would run out all wet and covered in suds, run down the hall, flip off the switch to start the noise, wait a minute, flick the switch to start it up again, run back to the bathroom and shower for another 20 seconds. I did that about 6 times and managed to have a decent washing. Well maybe not decent. But I was passably clean.
We have tried getting a plumber in but none would come over the weekend and then we both worked yesterday.
Finally, Gabel was able to call one today and they were scheduled to come between 5pm-8pm.
So her and I sat in wait from 5pm onwards. By 7:40 there was no sign of the plumber. I was convinced he was not coming. Suddenly at 7:45 we got a buzz for our flat. We SCREAMED and raaaan to buzz him up and then proceeded to dance like crazy hooligans around our flat. I sent Matthew a voice note thats basically me shouting in a crazed voice "THE PLUMBER'S HERE!!"
It took him about an hour but he has fixed everything!!! Gabel just had a shower (her first since last thursday!!) and now it's my turn!! Can't wait!!
ReplyDeletePlumber Ryde
Sydney emergency plumbing services. Licenced plumbers in Sydney open 24/7 including holidays. Call your local Sydney plumber now ☎ 0426 678 899
http://secureplumbingsolutions.com.au/24-hour-plumber-in-ryde/