Gabel and I have created a girls night. Yes we spend every minute together and when we are forced to separate for work, we text and email each other all day. We are attached at the hip and tell each other every single detail of our lives right down to when we get a zit on a weird part of our body or when we have indigestion. So naturally, we need a special girls night. Each Wednesday we alternate whose turn it is to plan girls night. So far we've cooked some really good meals from scratch like lasagna and fish n chips, we've done some baking, had some girly TV marathons and accomplished some workouts. I really look forward to it each week but we'll be on hiatus for a little bit now that we're into Easter break. Love ma bestie <3
Thursdays are our regular football night. Go Black Swans go!! Our team is doing really well except a few weeks ago we got into a huge fight with another team. They were so rough and violent and even though they were demolishing us by over 15 goals, they were still trying to humiliate and injure us. At one point I got into a shoving match with one of their players and then one of them told me to go "speak somewhere else in my weird language." I told her I needed to educate her about geography because Canadians speak English and called her a couple of choice words! In the end the league banned them from ever playing again so they aren't welcome back for what they did/said to us! It's usually not that eventful though; it's mostly just a lot of fun and I love our team.
Matthew, Gabel, and myself are all really big St. Patrick's Day fans (I cannot recall a single year in university where I didn't turn up to classes the next day without various shamrock tattoos over my face and green stuff in my hair). Very oddly, it is not celebrated in England, despite their ridiculously close proximity to Ireland and Northern Ireland being a part of the UK. Well we couldn't let it go unobserved so we hosted a St. Patty's Day party and invited our football team. We forced them all to wear green and Gabel and I put up some green balloons and tablecloths and we served only green food. Some of it was easy: we made guacamole and put out celery, cucumber, and green peppers with dip. Some of it was hard: I wanted to serve candy so I bought multiple bags of skittles and picked out only the green ones to serve. I also found chocolates that were green on one side and brown on the other so I arranged them all flipped over to be showing the green. You can check out the pics below. We had a really good turnout and our first party was quite successful. We played Kings, Flip Cup, and then had a big dancing and singing party. Matthew was so tired though he put himself to bed around 1. I couldn't find him anywhere for awhile and then noticed him all tucked into bed. Gabel wasn't so graceful. While a bunch of us were dancing around the living room she simply lay on the couch and went to sleep in the middle of everything. Cue the funny pics!
The last weekend of March, Gabel went to visit her friend Kate in Manchester so Matthew and I had a date weekend. The Friday night was nothing special but it was perfect. We got into pajamas after work, ordered stuffed crust pizza, ate it in bed and watched House of Cards. Great way to unwind. The following day I brought him to Bath to show him how beautiful it is. We were blessed with such a hot and sunny day. I showed him all the regular spots I've mentioned before (basically everywhere Jackie and I went). We also went back to my favourite bookstore and I got another old book for my collection (an anthology of Robert Browning's poetry). We did some minor shopping, had a fabulous meal out and then called it a day. He absolutely loved it and got some great pictures. Sunday we had a nice lazy day, went out and about in downtown Southampton, shopped some more, had dinner on our balcony in the sun and finished House of Cards. I'm so over the moon to be with my darling fiance again and it makes me so happy to have such fun adventures together. We work really hard during the week and have crazy commutes but we're doing so well here and the experiences are priceless.
Here's some pics from March:
Our amazing breakfast speciality: Eggs Benedict on an English muffin with bacon and breakfast poutine (homefries, gravy, cheese)
This is what Matthew looks like every morning when I get up at 5:45am and turn on the lights to get ready for work. 










HEY IN MY DEFENSE. I FELL ASLEEP AFTER 2AM RIGHT BEFORE PEOPLE LEFT. But yes, it was not my best of calls.
ReplyDeleteAwesome entry, lolz to old school, gillian michaels and winging cupcakes and nailing it.